Case Study: Enterprise Mobility Solution for Industry AutomationBuilding an enterprise mobility solution based on a legacy product to monitor industrial systems
The company's applications are used by global manufacturing companies in the automotive and utility industry. The software enables them to automate operations and prevent equipment failure through high availability and failover mechanisms.
The company provides enterprise asset management solutions based on SCADA Work order Management and CMMS systems. They enable engineering or technical personnel to receive and process industrial system fault notifications, monitor and control automation systems, and process work orders from any location.
The client needed to build a solution based on the legacy product EXTEND7000. The company also required a hybrid mobile application that would be accessible on multiple platforms and would have both offline and online data synchronization. The software product had to be customizable, depending on specific business requirements, in order to meet the various needs of the company’s clients.
The company was looking for a reliable development partner that could build a functional solution based on the legacy product EXTEND7000, as well as support and extend existing versions of its product line. CodeCoda received the task to design and develop a solution that would help enterprises integrate their IBM software with SCADA and CMMS systems. Besides, the company wanted to build a mobile application that could be accessible through multiple platforms and networks.
Offline and online data synchronization
CodeCoda's development teams faced the challenge of seamless integration of big amounts of data when the users switch between offline and online modes. Thus the engineers had to devise a fully self-contained solution that would enable consistent synchronization of the database.
The company provides mobility solutions for such global brands as Toyota, Honda, ASDA, DPD, various airports, and many others. As the operation principles of these companies differ significantly, the developers had to maximize the flexibility of the product and adjust to the diverse clients’ needs and business requirements.
- Designed the architecture of the platform, applying latest coding practices to match integration challenges with various CMMS systems
- Developed the full lifecycle of the new solution including design, development, testing, and deployment of server-side and client-side components
- Built a hybrid mobile application, with the product being accessed via multiple platforms
- Employed a wide range of technologies including Java, Spring, Rabbit MQ, Apache Cassandra, AngularJS
- Created the solution for seamless synchronization of offline and online modes
- Provided quality control to guarantee the error-free operation of the product
- Performed investigation, analysis, and technical support of the legacy system
- Performed R&D activities of various technologies and solutions to meet the customer’s business needs
Value delivered by CodeCoda
We delivered substantial value to the company by developing a fully customizable enterprise mobility solution that integrates CMMS and SCADA functionality. A mobile application was developed, accessible on multiple platforms, with seamless integration in offline and online modes, ensuring all-time access to data.
The company challenged CodeCoda to develop a complex enterprise mobility solution. Since then, our dedicated development team has provided a full life-cycle development of the client's Mobile Work Management tools.
In the early stages, CodeCoda's engineers performed investigative tasks, analysis, and support of the current legacy system. They then created the architecture of the new solution to meet the growing customization and scalability needs that the client was facing. CodeCoda Software engineers worked on the server-side, back-end, and front-end components of the product.